My “Ode to Kale” week!
GREEN KALE AND EGGS
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (doesn’t matter type)
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale or 1 cup fresh frozen kale
- 3 tablespoons oil
- garlic, salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado or 2 tablespoons guacamole
Poach eggs: Bring water and vinegar to boil in a deep pot, crack one egg into a jar, bowl, or cup. Once water is boiling, gently lower the egg into the water, repeat. Allow both eggs to boil until desired readiness (poached soft is about 3-5 min, poached hard is 8-10 min).
Sautee Kale: Heat oil and garlic in a pan to medium high, add rinsed kale and lower heat to medium. Stir gently until wilted (about 8 min).
Layer kale, eggs, and avocado (optional hot sauce or salsa!) for a delicious meal!!
HOT TACO SALAD
- 1/2 bunch kale or 1 cup fresh frozen kale
- 1/4lb ground beef cooked in taco seasoning
- diced onions
Sautee kale to above recipe, layer with ground beef, salsa, guacamole, and onions. Enjoy a delicious, lazy meal!
CHICKEN OR THE EGG SOUP
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- .5 cups coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast oven baked and cubed
- 2 carrots sliced
- .5 cup frozen, canned, or fresh green beans
- a ton of kale!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Bring broth to a boil, cook garlic, carrots, kale, and green beans until soft, add chicken and slowly drizzle beaten eggs into the boiling broth. Add coconut milk last and allow to simmer about 5 minutes to allow flavors to meld.