I adore my French press. My French press has taken the place of my tea pot and my coffee maker, and allows me to make rather strange (and generally delicious) concoctions. Check out some recipes below!
MORNING ENERGY TEA:
- 1.5 Tbsp loose leaf Mate
- 1 Tbsp Unsulfured Black Strap Molasses
- 1 tsp ginger powder -OR- 3 shreds fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
Add all to the French press and enough hot water to hit ‘fill to’ line, let steep at least 3 min.
RESPIRATORY WELLNESS BLEND:
- 1Tbsp ground turmeric -OR- about 1 tsp fresh turmeric
- 1Tbsp ground ginger -OR- about .5 tsp fresh ginger
- .25tsp black pepper
- 1-2Tbsp raw honey
- 2Tbsp lemon or lime juice (or both, live your life!)
Add all to the French press, add hot water, allow to steep 5 minutes.
PUMPKIN PROOF COFFEE:
- 2Tbsp coarse ground coffee
- .5tsp cinnamon
- .5tsp nutmeg
- 1-2Tbsp pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract or stevia to taste
Add above listed to French press, add hot water to steep for 3-5 min. Pour, serve with coconut milk.
Do you have any favorite recipes to add to the list? How do you take your mate?